Saturday, May 3, 2014

NSD: Royal Fever

Wow! It's been a while! The year is just racing by and it seems that life gets busier and busier. I have been creating a huge number of cards.lately, which has left little time for sharing them.  However, since today is National Scrapbooking Day, I thought I would share a layout.

Did anyone have "Royal Fever" while the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were on their tour of New Zealand and Australia. I was scoping out Kate's outfits on a daily basis. I just love her style. I have a long history of doing this and many coffee table books of Princess Diana to prove it! I even got up at 5 a.m. to watch Diana and Charles get married. With no Internet back then, what choice did I have!

With that said, I thought I would share a layout today about my visit to the Princess Diana exhibit that I went to when it was in Connecticut. Here's the layout:


Since I created this at a crop, I kept supplies to a minimum. I used just one collection pack (which included all of the banners), Gold Thickers, grey alphabet stickers, assorted brads, stamp, twine and a Maya Road envelope to serve as a frame for my journaling.  Here's a closer look at the journaling and stamping.


My fascination with all things Royal may be a little extreme but here are the facts:  Diana was born on my sister Diane's (pictured above in the pink coat) anniversary. She married Charles on Diane's birthday. William was born on my birthday. And, Diane saw Charles and Camilla on a walkabout while on vacation in Madrid! Yes, we are a little over the top! What about you? Are you a Royal Watcher?

Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Fancy Pants (Country Boutique):
Stickers: American Crafts Thickers; Basic Grey alphabet;
Stamps: Technique Tuesday;
Ink: Stampin' Up!
Embellishments: My Minds Eye brads; Maya Road envelope; twine
Tools: Fiskars border punch

4 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Happy NSD! Love the l/o with the great pics and fun accents. Wonderful page to show off your Royal Watcher hobby.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, you and your sister, both! Her name is Diane and she married Charles? How interesting! I was always fascinated by Diana's clothes and thought she was so pretty. Now Kate and William seem to be an awesome couple -- very real and in love. They look like they genuinely enjoy each other. Kate looked very happy and relaxed on the Australia trip. LOVE her clothes, too. I'm not exactly a Royal Watcher, but can't help but be intrigued by them. Great layout and photos to record your trip!

Leslie Germain said...

GORGEOUS layout. I just love your banner and the gold!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful layout, Linda, with the touches of gold and the banner work!