Saturday, February 22, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge ric#54

Today's card was created for this week's Runway Inspired Challenge. Here's the inspiration:


And here's my card:
To create this card, I used stamps from three different Simon Says Stamp kits. I stamped the line of circles onto white cardstock using five different color inks and adhered it to the card base. Next, I stamped the banner pattern and sentiment. After cutting it out, I adhered it to black cardstock and trimmed around it leaving a slight border. I tied the twine and adhered it to the card base using foam adhesive.

Here's a closer look:
This card went right in the mail to my nephew who just had his appendix out. Funny how a masculine card was inspired by a Diane Von Furstenberg dress!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Card Shoppe;
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (Thinking of Your --- circle stripe; Best Mom Ever -- banner; Happy Every Day -- sentiment);
Inks: Memento Luxe (Teal Zeal; Morocco); My Favorite Things (Lemon Drop; Gumdrop Green; Berrylicious); Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Twine: The Twinery (denim)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is super cute, love the colorful dots!

Margie Higuchi said...

Love your take on the challenge! Also appreciate a masculine card -> from a mom of boys! LOL!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wonderfully creative based on the inspiration photo. The sentiment is great. When he loves it we won't tell him it's all about a dress, tee hee! The black borders are a popping contrast and, once again, so beautifully inspired by the dress.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration piece, Linda! Love the rows of circles!

Jingle said...

I LOVE those dots! Super cute card!

Susan (rainy) said...

I LOVE this! What a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration piece. I've been trying to come up with a design for my nephew who is turning 13... This is perfect! tfs

Susanne said...

Great card - I like how you interpreted the inspiration piece.