Sunday, August 18, 2013

Finding Inspiration in Creative Chaos + Two Challenges

CD_23

The inspiration for today's clean and simple card came from the the creative chaos on my craft mat. I was making this card for a design team assignment and had butterfly stamps and die cuts all over my work mat .....
 ....when all of a sudden, I stopped seeing the small stamp as a butterfly. Instead, I saw a flower and its trail was suddenly a stem! I knew I wanted to keep the card simple since I was making it for the 10 Minute Craft Dash.  Here's what I created in 8 minutes and 32 seconds:



I used this sketch from Paper Smooches Designer Drafts Challenge as the starting point for my design and made some minor adjustments. 


And here's a close-up of the butterfly turned flower. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but I used foam adhesive to make the top of the flower pop off the page. The bottom is mounted flush to the page with liquid adhesive.

Supplies: 
Paper: Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock (pink); Tim Holtz Distress Water Color Cardstock (white);
Stamp: Paper Smooches Flap Happy (butterfly); Birthday Sampler (sentiment)
Die: Paper Smooches Butterflies 3
Ink: StazOn (Brown); Tim Holtz Distress markers (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry)
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares; Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so very creative! It's almost hard to see it as anything but a flower!

Jenny said...

Now Ive seen how you used the butterfly as a flower that's all I see it as!! Soooo creative and amazing shading too :0)
Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
Jenny x

Unknown said...

This is so cute, and of course it's totally creative and new :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Linda! That is so, so pretty! Love it! Way to get more out of your stamps!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OK! That is GENIUS! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I totally saw the flower until I started reading your blog post....then I realized it was 2 images:) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

LOVE the CAS design-- fab job! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Designer Drafts challenge <3 Hope you join in the fun again this week <3

Susan (rainy) said...

What a beautiful CAS design!! I LOVE the butterfly turned flower!

Kara said...

So simple and sweet! Such a clever design!!