Saturday, July 27, 2013

Simon Says...Thank You

My August Simon Says Stamp card kit came in the mail yesterday but I was too busy to play. Nevertheless, I thought I would share a card I made using the April kit. Since the card was going to a music teacher who had worked with Mark for his Senior Project, I thought I would swap out the washi tape in the kit with I roll I had with a musical theme. Here's the card:



To make it, I cut a standard sized A2 card, scored it at the top and ran it through my Cuttlebug to get the embossed dots. Because I wanted the music notes to really pop, I cut a strip of white card stock and adhered the washi tape to it. I added a piece of black card stock that I had punched with the postage stamp punch to ground it. For the Fancy Pants envelope, I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the half circle on the envelope. This was the hardest part of the project. The envelope was so thick that I must have run it thgrough the Cuttlebug half a dozen times! Once I got the circle cut, I stamped my sentiment added the star and embroidery floss and adhered it to my project.

And, because I have more than enough washi tape to last me a lifetime, I used some to decorate the envelope.

So what's the perfect gift for a music teacher? An iTunes card, of course!

Supplies:
Cardstock, envelope and embelishments: Simon Says Stamp April card kit.
Tools: Spellbinders (Classic Circles) EK Success border punch (Postage stamp)
Misc.: Washi tape from my stash



8 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

I love how you used the music washi tape on the card and the envelope - great idea! x

Leslie Germain said...

Great card. Love the music notes.

Fawn said...

I really like the black, white and yellow color palette. The music washi is a great accent.

Unknown said...

Lovely washi tape and cheerful colours. I'm sure the recipient will be pleased.

Kimberly Kett said...

Beautiful card! I love the colours!

Leslie Miller said...

Perfect! The Washi tape looks amazing. You couldn't have thought up a better card for a music teacher. Better yet that it's a gift card holder as well. Very clever!

Susan (rainy) said...

A perfect design for the recipient. And I LOVE the idea of putting Washi on the envelope!!!

Sandy Ang said...

how cute your pocket card