Friday, June 22, 2012

u r a grt txtr

That's text speak for "You Are a Great Texter"! This layout is all about my son's affinity for texting. I used a picture of him texting on a shore excursion on our cruise to New England to tell the story. (Guess it really didn't surprise me that he spent our tour of the Newport mansions texting his friends.) Here's my layout:
I went through our phone bill for statistics cited in the journaling. It reads: 13,679...That's how many texts you had this month alone. You texted as many as 67 messages in one hour. You texted before school and as late as 2 a.m. on a weekend. Thank goodness we have an unlimited plan!

The inspiration for this layout was the number paper from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 collection. I added layer upon layer of die cut tags from Pink Paislee's Hometown summer collection. To add a touch of whimsy, I used several fonts for the title.

Supplies
Cardstock: American Crafts; C'Oredination;
Patterned Paper/Die Cut Tags: Cosmo Cricket (Circa 1934);
Letter Stickers: American Crafts Thickers; October Afternoon (Tiny Types);
Stamps: Studio Calico (alphabet); Papertrey Ink (Library Ledger);
Pen: Stampin' Up!
Tools: Fiskars Border Punch (Scalloped Sentiment): EK Success Border Punch (Postage Stamp).

5 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Love it!!! I can't believe how much time they spend texting! What gets me even more is how they usually only text one or two words at a time :P We have a no texting rule at the table.

hanes132 said...

13,000?!? OMG!! No wonder why You use text-language that I have to Google to understand! Last week's was "Ikr"!

Oh, also.. very cute lay-out! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Here's another of your outstanding pages. You really have a flair for scrapbook layouts and designs. Cute idea for the subject matter, and worth preserving, as this will be old-timey stuff one of these days. Your son's kids and grandkids will get a kick out of it.

Susan (rainy) said...

Remember the days when you had to actually find a phone somewhere (now referred to as a landline) to make a call! Gotta love our techie kids. And I love your fun page, too.

Carol L said...

All I can say to that many texts is WOW! UNREAL! LOL Great layout, and my fingers are tired just thinking about all those texts! Whew!