Saturday, May 19, 2012

Club CK Mother's Day Card

I don't buy my mom a Mother's Day gift. Instead, a few years ago, I decided to enroll her in Netflix. Keeping those movies coming for the year is her every-occasion gift. No more shopping for another blouse or something that she has to dust makes us both happy! It's the perfect gift for a retiree! But since I didn't have something to wrap up for her on Mother's Day, I wanted to make her card extra special! When I spotted Kim Watson's Mother's Day Card class on the Creating Keepsakes forum, I knew it would be perfect. I didn't have time to make the card "live" with Kim but there are detailed instructions to make it on your own. Here's the card:
It really is more like a min-album. I ran the twine through the tag so that it stays attached to the card when it is opened. Here's a closer look at the front panel:
Note that I didn't have my sewing machine threaded so I used a rub-on for the zig-zag stitch. For the papers, I chose a mix of old (Cosmo Cricket Everlast and Girl Friday) and new (October Afternoon Farmhouse). The tag is part of the Martha Stewart collection that is sold at Staples. Love the grey accent!

Once you untie the bow and open up it up, this is the panel you see. It's my first time using a doily and I think I am hooked. The doily was white so I antiqued it a bit with some distress ink. added the "love you" stamp, punched heart and yellow floral rub-on to the journaling card before adhering the kraft flower.
Finally, here's the inside of my mini-album/card:
I printed the photos using a Vintage Photo action in Photoshop Elements and then added some washi tape for a pop of color. Another kraft flower, more elements stickers, some stamping and a hand-cut banner finish off my project.

I thik this design would be great for graduation or anniversary cards as well!

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts;
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon (Farmhouse); Cosmo Cricket (Everafter; Girl Friday);
Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday;
Ink: Technique Tuesday; Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Letters: American Crafts Thickers; Studio Calico
Misc. Embellishments: Flowers (Maya Road); Buttons (Crate Paper); Tag (Martha Stewart); Label Stickers (October Afternoon); Rub-ons (October Afternoon, Hambly) Doily (Wilton); Twine (My Mind's Eye); Chipboard (Studio Calico, Crate Paper).

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

The card is like a gift! This is fabulous, Linda!

Susan (rainy) said...

What an absolutely wonderful creation for your mother. She will cherish it.