Sunday, April 15, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

So, remember how I said I had very little time to make Easter cards this year? Well my clean and simple design from last week's post was perfect for the adults on my list but I have two grandnephews who are 2.5 and 3. For their cards, I pulled an 8x8 pad of Cosmo Cricket out from my stash. The nice thing about this pad is that it includes several elements sheets with springtime themes. Once I cut out the tags I wanted to use, the cards practically made themselves!

Here's the first card:
I started by cutting out the Peter Cottontail piece. I stamped the two butterflies, doodled their trails and added Glossy Accents to the bunny to make him look as chocolaty as possible! While the bunny was drying, I layered the various patterned papers. I used my Martha Stewart Fringe Scissors on two strips of green paper to make it look like grass. I rounded a few corners to soften the edges, adhered the papers, and added some faux stitching. I used my paper piercer to poke a tiny hole in the fold of my card, threaded the twine through and tied a bow. Here's a closer look at the details:
For the next card, I used a tag that had a cute little chick on it. Here's the card:
To make the chick pop, I smeared a thin layer of Glossy Accents and then sprinkled on the glitter. I cut the words for the sentiment from another tag, distressed the edges with ink and added them to the tag with foam adhesive. The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory. Here's a close-up of the details.
Now that I am done sharing my Easter cards, it will be back to Christmas here on the blog. I finally finished my December Daily (Woo hoo!) and I am ready to finish sharing it.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (kraft);
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Honey Pie);
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Barn Door; Vintage Photo); White Signo Gel Pen; Stampin' Up!Marker (Chocolate Brown);
Stamp: Technique Tuesday (Growing Wild);
Tools: Fiskars Border Punch (Scallop Sentiment); Stampin' Up! (Spiral); EK Success Corner Rounder;
Misc.: Twine (My Mind's Eye -- Lime Twist); Ribbon (Cosmo Cricket -- Honey Pie); Glossy Accents.

2 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Two great cards, Linda. I especially love that cute little glittery chick. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are so pretty Linda. Love the bunny image and the pretty colors... the twine looks great!