Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Some Sweet Valentine's

Sorry for the long absence, yet again. I have been very busy with a new project at work so blogging, and even scrapping, have had to take a bit of a back seat. I had a meeting with clients in New Jersey on Valentine's Day that went longer than expected so my darling children got i-tunes cards instead of handmade Valentine's. That was fine for Mark but Melissa jokingly reminded me how I did manage to make cards for my nephews. Note to self: don't leave making holiday cards to the last minute. LOL!

Anyway, as I said, I did make cards for my nephews Paul and Thomas who are 2 1/2 and 3. Since time was of the essence, I pulled out an old mini-pad of Cosomo Cricket and used two of the journaling cards as my sentiment. I customized each with the heart outline stamped in black and filler stamped in red. I added a little shine to the heart with Glossy Accents. A little twine for the one card and brads on each finished them off and kept them flat for mailing.

Here is the card I made for Thomas:

And, here is the card I made for Paul:
Paul's mom, Jenn, texted me to tell me that Paul loved his Valentine from "Lindy"! With such a rave review, I better get to work on my St. Patrick's Day cards!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White.
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket (Cogsmo).
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Loving Words).
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Tim Holtz Distress (Barn Door).
Tools: EK Success (Corner Rounder; Postage Stamp Edger Punch).
Misc.: Martha Stewart twine; Eyelet Outlet brads.

2 comments:

hanes132 said...

So I opened your post when Paul was sitting by me & he got sooo excited when he saw the picture! "Hey! Dat's mine! Look it's right next to Buzz Light Year (card)." :) It looks even cuter in person!

Leslie Miller said...

These are darling cards, Linda! I have also learned the hard way not to leave special occasion cards till the last minute.