Friday, January 13, 2012

Game On!

I've been working fast and furiously on my December Daily and I am up to Day 5. Yes, Day 5! Guess I need to work a little faster and a bit more furiously if I want to finish it up by the end of the month. I honestly don't know how some people finish their DD up by Christmas week. That just wasn't in the cards for me this year. I know many who undertake this project make their pages ahead of time but the thought of doing so scares me. Although my DD pages are not as involved as my regular layouts, they still revolve around the pictures for that day. Making foundation pages ahead of time was not an option for me. In fact, the thought of that supposed stress-relieving task was more stress inducing for me. So I will be scrapping my December Daily in January, thank you very much, and posting pictures probably until Valentine's Day! A few dark and dreary days have prevented me from taking pictures of my progress if, in fact, you can call getting to December 5th on Jauary 13th progress! In the meantime, I do have another layout to share with you from our trip to Disney last February. Here it is:

I primarily used a mixture of Sassafras Lass, October Afternoon and Studio Calico patterned papers and embellishments for this one. For my title area, I layered two different number papers to represent our arcade scores. I punched the tops with the notebook punch, distressed the edges with ink and layered one of the transparencies from Basic Grey's Take Notes for the wander collection. I thought the "observation" tab on the transparency was perfect for this layout since my journaling really is an observation..


I duplicated the notebook punch on the journaling card. The journaling reads: Sal, you are not a very competitive person but that all changed when we went on the Toy Story Mania ride in Disney's Hollywood Studios. As soon as you put on your 3-D glasses, it was game on!

Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts;
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon (Rocket Age); Sassafras Lass; Studio Calico (Autumn Press);
Embellishments: Basic Grey Take Note (Wander); American Craft Thickers; October Afternoon Journaling Card; October Afternoon Stickers (Rocket Age); Sassafras Lass border Sticker; Studio Calico arrow sticker (Memoir); Tim Holtz idea-ology mini paper clip; Making Memories brads.
Stamp: Papertrey Ink (Library Ledger Year Additions);
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress (Vintage Photo); Ranger (Jet Black).

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You don't mean to say the idea is to make a page a day, do you? I could never do that! Stress inducing for sure! I can't even make a card a day, and your scrapbook layouts are much more detailed. Every page is full of such wonderful memories, and your designs help bring out the mood of the moment. They'll be treasured for generations!

Susan (rainy) said...

I agree.. it would be much harder to have the page prepared before the photos were taken.. Don't even know how I would do that! lol To me the page gets its elements and life from the photos and is designed around them. Anyway.. your pages are incredible, Linda.