Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's In The Bag!

Remember this post from last year? Well, the holiday shopping bags are out so I thought I would challenge myself, once again, to use one as the basis of a card. So, here's the bag:
As luck would have it, this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner was to make a project with a Christmas tree. Here's my card:

To create it, I stamped my tree onto the shopping bag and cut it out. To give it more definition, I ran the edges along my black ink pad. I also stamped my tree onto my card base since I was only popping the top. For the background, I used Versa Mark ink to stamp the snow line and ran over it with some liquid glue so that the glitter would stick. Next, I spritzed the card with some Mister Huey in Calico White. Finally, I sprayed some Mister Huey Calico Shine over the entire background before adding the tree and the ribbon.

It's so hard to photograph the shimmer on this card but hopefully the photo below gives you an idea of why I love Calico White and Calico Shine!
If you are inspired to make a card from a shopping bag, please link it up to my blog in the comment section. I would love to see them!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Stamper's Select White);
Stamps: Hero Arts (Merriest Wishes);
Ink: Ranger (Jet Black); Versa Mark; Studio Calico Mister Huey (Calico White; Calico Shine);
Embellishments: Recollections Rhinestones (Red); Martha Stewart Glitter (Crystal Coarse); Making Memories Ribbon;
Misc.: Bath & Body Works shopping bag.

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, for heaven's sake, that's just so darn cute! I love your card from last year, too. This year's Bath and Body Works bag is fabulous. Wish we had a store in our town. I don't get gift bags when I shop online, pooh!

Cindy said...

What a brilliant "repurposing" of the bag! TFS!

Susan (rainy) said...

LOVE this, Linda. The plaid bag worked PERFECTLY for a wonderful Christmas tree.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun idea Linda! I love how you used that festive bag for your card inspiration. i have a few of those laying around the house from recent shopping trips, too. You have inspired me to try this out. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week! :)

DanaMK said...

What a fun idea!!! Such a pretty card!