Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Moxie Fab/Color Challenge

I have been crafting up a storm this week but, unfortunately, not a scrapbook page was made. You see, I am in the midst of birthday season. Instead of scrapping, I have been making cards. So, I am interrupting LOAD, again, to share some cards for the next few days.

The colors for today's card was inspired by this color challenge:

And here is my card:
To create this card, I cut my white cardstock down to a standard size card. I cut the brown mat
to measure 5.25"x4", and the kraft piece measures 5"x 3.75". Next, I used white ink to stamp the Dots and Flowers. I cut a piece of coordinating cardstock to measure 1.75" x 3.75". I stamped the Happy Definition in brown so that the print would run vertically. When the ink had dried, I stamped the Stripes Pattern horizontally in VersaMark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I used a stamp border punch on the green piece before adhering the layers, and adding a sentiment and ribbon.

So that's that for the color challenge. But remember how I said I needed a lot of cards this month. Well, it just so happens that the Moxie Fab World has a challenge to make a card set so, using this design, I did just that. And here it is:


And here's a close-up of each one. First up is Pink Pirouette:
Next is Spring Moss:
And finally, the Baja Breeze card with a peak at how I decorated the envelopes:
Come back tomorrow for a look at how I used the Happy Definition Stamp two other ways for another challenge!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink: (Stamper's Select White; Spring Moss; Dark Chocolate); Stampin' UP! (Kraft; Pink Pirouette; Baja Breeze);
Stamps: Hero Arts (Dots and Flowers; Happy Definition Cling Stamp; Stripes Pattern Cling Stamp; Thinking of You; Happiness Messages);
Inks: Stampin' Up! (Whisper White; Pink Pirouette; Baja Breeze); Ranger (Coffee); VersaMagic (Tea Leaves); VersaMark;
Tools: EK Success Edger Punch (Postage Stamp); EK Success Corner Rounder;
Misc.: Making Memories Ribbon (Passport); Stamp 'n Stuff Embossing Powder (Detail Clear)


15 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! I just love seeing these in all the different colors. Great CAS design, and it sounds like you need a lot of them. Good job getting them done! I should be so productive...

Deborah Frings said...

I like this set of cards. Really super clean and simple design, and the CR84FN is fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

farmhouse-story said...

such a sweet set of cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are beautiful! I love the different patterns that you've mixed, and the CAS design!

Ginny said...

Your cards are fantastic in all the different colors. Love the paper and stamping and the trim. I poked around your blog and love your scrapbook pages! I have added you to my favorites.

Unknown said...

Love this set of CAS cards! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Lovely set! The created backgrounds are awesome.

Sue Lelli said...

Linda, this card set is SUPER! LOVE your design and LOVE how you used our colors to get you going! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Andrea M said...

These are such simply GORGEOUS cards! Love the stamped backgrounds and the trim! WOW! These are so completely fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

A gorgeous elegant set! And I love how you included the envelopes in on the design. Beautiful.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Linda! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

That trim is delicious...I love the colours you've used!

veronica said...

love your color mix.

Susan (rainy) said...

This is a beautiful set of cards, Linda. I especially love the rounded corner detail.. adds another elegant touch to an already wonderful CAS design.