Sunday, March 13, 2011

Christmas in Brooklyn -- LOAD Day 5

Quick post tonight to share the results of my fifth day doing a Layout a Day (LOAD). The layout was inspired by a sketch from a free Two Peas in a Bucket class called 4x6 Photo Love. I love this sketch and think I will be using it again since I scrap a lot of 4x6 photos! Here's my layout:
Journaling reads: A spontaneous stop in Brooklyn to see the decorations turned out to be a highlight of the 2010 holiday season. This stop was so spontaneous that I didn't even have m camera with me. The pictures are from Sal's cell phone.

To created this layout, I used one of my favorite papers from Basic Grey's Basics collection as a foundation. These papers seem to be showing up a lot on my layouts lately. They really have become one of my Go-To supplies. Next, I cut the different pattern blocks from the My Mind's Eye patterned papers, distressed the edges with some distress ink and adhered them to the foundation. For the title, I cut the glittered shape from one of the patterned papers, stamped one part of the title and used Thickers for the other. I really like the look of multiple fonts on a title.
To ground the upper corner of the layout, I fussy cut the banner from another piece of patterned paper. I can't believe I cut up one entire sheet for that small banner. Oh well!
Finally, I added my journaling on the bottom right corner. After writing it free-hand, I felt that it too needed to be grounded so I stamped some faint journaling lines with distress ink.
Well, the company is gone, the good china is put away and I have leftovers for dinner tomorrow night so it will be back to LOAD on Monday!

Supplies
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Basics); My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Union Square);
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen; Vintage Photo): Ranger Jet Black):
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Initially Yours - C; Initially Yours - The Little Words); Papertrey Ink (Library Ledger);
Stickers: American Crafts Thickers (Dear Lizzy);
Bling: Recollections Gems

3 comments:

hanes132 said...

Those pics are pretty impressive quality for cellphone pics! I don't even know how to upload pics off my phone!!

hanes132 said...

OH! PS- On Saturday, Mark told me that I had a "pretty impressive phone for a Mom"! LOL!!

Leslie Miller said...

A layout a day? Really? Wow! And they're all so detailed and beautiful. You amaze me with your scrapping abilities, Linda!