Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Just a quick post tonight to wish all of my family and friends a happy Mother's Day! Here's the card I made for mother:

This card came out nothing like I imagined it. First I randomly stamped a small rectangular scrap of paper with my sunflowers. However, since this is a big flower, I didn't get the look I was going for so I pulled out my Nestabilities and cut it into a circle. I placed my stamped piece on the brown scalloped circle (also cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities) and put that on the white card stock. Still not what I was going for. Then I remembered that I had these circular felt coasters that I had picked up in the dollar bins at Michael's. I put foam dimensionals on the back of the scalloped circle, adhered it to the coaster and put that on the white card. Better but the card was still missing something. That's when I pulled out my Hero Arts background stamp and some clear embossing powder. After embossing the image and distressing the edges, I added a little twine and gem,rounded the corners and finally had a card that was worthy of all the love my mother gives. Here's a closer look at the embossing:

I am submitting this card to Clips-n-Cuts Around the World Challenge #2. (http://www.clips-n-cuts.com/2010/05/around-the-world-challenge-2/). I didn't have a tulip stamp, so sunflowers will have to do!
Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
Supplies:
Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Hero Arts (Real Flowers, Scroll Frames & Messages, Flourish Background)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Crushed Curry); Tim Holtz Distress (Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo); Versamark
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities (Classic Circles, Classic Scallop Circles)
Bling: Recollections Pearl Stickers
Misc.: Clear Embossing Powder; Twine from stash

1 comment:

Diana said...

Very nice. Just stunning. Thanks for sharing and Happy Monday in May!