Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Up, Up and Away

Has a patterned paper ever inspired you to do a layout and then when you sit down to do that layout, you don't use the paper that inspired it? That's what happened to me. When I saw this:

I wanted to scrap this:

And this is what I wound up with:

Do you see any blue cloud paper? Nope. I see yellow cloud paper but not blue -- a little decision that cost me an extra trip to the local scrapbook store which is 16 miles away. In fact the only piece I used from that beautiful blue cloud paper is the 3/4-inch strip of the B side that I used for the journaling.


The journaling reads: 8/08 Conquering a collective fear of heights and boating, we soared high above the Gulf of Mexico in Marco Island, FL, with Danielle & Kevin.

Now you may be wondering why I didn't use the blue cloud paper. The answer is simple. It didn't match the blue ric rac ribbon that I bought with the intention of using on this layout almost two years ago!



Now one other thing I have to confess about this layout is that these papers were released in February so they had a bit of a Valentine's theme. This required a little camouflaging on my part. I used the left side of this paper:

with fussy cut clouds and my own para sailing embellishment.

As for the hearts that were scattered throughout the polka dots, I simply covered them up with brads.

And yes, that required a third trip to the local scrapbook store because I didn't have the right colors in my stash. Let me know if you think this layout was worth three trip (96 miles round trip) to the store. LOL!

Supplies
Card Stock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye (Love Me Do); Imaginisce (red dot from Scooter's Vacation)
Stickers: American Craft Thickers (Rainboots); Jolee's Dimensional Stickers (Para sailing)
Tools: EK Success (Slim Edger Punch -- Embossed Curve)
Embellishments: Basic Grey Brads; ribbon from stash
Pen: Stampin' Up!












1 comment:

Carina Gardner said...

Such an adorable layout from Deena's line! Totally cute work! (found you from MME's blog).