Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tap & Jazz

I have an old project to share with you today. I took Melissa for her dance photos over the weekend and remembered that I never posted the layout I created in July 2009 with last year's photos. At least scrapbooking gives me a reason to buy all of the pictures that I ultimately forget to give out to family and friends. Here's my layout:

Starting with two 5x7's (which justifies my excessive purchase) did not leave too much room for creativity on a one-page layout. I opted for paper blocking with patterned papers from a past Studio Calico kit that I received as a RAK. To soften all of those straight edges, I distressed the papers and pictures. The letters were cut on my Cricut using black specialty paper from a Halloween line. I love when I can do that!

For the center of the page, I covered and off-color chipboard circle with my patterned paper and put that on top of the strip of felt flowers. I embellished both with some rhinestones. After all, what dance page doesn't call for a little bling!

Finally, I added butterflies which I made using my favorite Martha Stewart punch and Glossy Accents, and hand-stitched a swirly trail for each of them to give movement to the page. As for the numbers rub-on, finding the "5, 6, 7, 8" in my stash was just serendipity!

I pick up this year's pictures in two weeks and will have to get busy on scrapping new layouts.

Supplies
Cardstock: DCWV (Brights)
Patterned Paper: SEI (Poppy); Making Memories (Spellbound)
Rub-Ons: K & Company (Classic); Pink Paislee (Vintage Moon)
Chipboard: Making Memories (Jigsaw Shapes Neutral)
Letters: Cricut (Storybook Cartridge); Making Memories (White Black Tiny Alphas)
Embellishments: Martha Stewart punch (Butterfly); Ranger Glossy Accents; Queen & Company Felt Fusion; Michael's rhinestones; DMC floss.

No comments: