Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow Predictable!

Ever since Melissa was a little girl, the first thing she would do when she went out to play in the snow was slide down the snow-covered slide. Since she is outgrowing the slide, I thought I would capture the moment from the December 2009 snowstorm in a layout. Here it is:


This is my first attempt at a hybrid layout if you don't count the journaling I have done on the computer in the past. I used snapfish.com to create the photo collage. Easy peasy! Well at least that part was. The time I saved on laying out the photos was spent on creating the background paper. I created several snowflakes masks using my Cricut, affixed them to the page with temporary adhesive and then sprayed the page with Glimmer Mist. I let the mist dry before removing them and Voila!... custom background paper. Here's a close-up of the paper:

To add a touch of whimsy to the page I swapped out the "o" in snow for a snowflake. You'll also notice that I took advantage of some of the white space in my pictures to place the title and draw the eye across the page. Three scalloped borders anchor the photo collage.

Supplies:

Card Stock: American Crafts

Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up!

Ink: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Frost)

Die Cuts masks: Cricut (Winter Woodland)

Chipboard Letters: Heidi Swapp

Embelishments: Me and My Big Ideas

Bling: Recollections

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

LOVE the layout on your pages. And such beautiful colors. The snowflakes and bling embellishments are... WOW!