Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ten Minute Scrap Pile Challenge

Jessica Witty posed a challenge to make a card from your scrap pile in ten minutes. I never seem to throw away my scraps, yet I never go back to use them so I thought this was a great idea! Here's my scrap pile card:

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that this card actually took me longer than ten minutes. I know that for a fact because Melissa was timing me. (She didn't think I could make anything in ten minutes.) I do however, have an explanation. I couldn't find my polka dot stamp. Now usually my Technique Tuesday stamps are easy to find since I keep them in a binder. However, this one had somehow fallen out and it was lost amidst the piles of scraps from 70+ Christmas cards I made. Once I unearthed it, I did finish the card in ten minutes. Next time, I won't start the timer until I have all my supplies assembled. LOL!
If you want to see some of the great cards Jessica Witty has come up with, check out her blog at: http://jesswitty.blogspot.com/.
Supplies:
Card Stock: Stampin' Up! (Kraft)
Patterned Paper: Sweetwater (Make Life Collection)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Swiss Dots; Everyday Words by Ali Edwards)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Riding Hood Red)
Buttons: Making Memories (Noteworthy)
Misc.: DMC Floss

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know... 10 minutes can be tough, right?! I love what you came up with, though! I think I could use my polka dot stamps on nearly everything I make!

Jessica Witty
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal