Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a quick post to share with you tonight as I wait for my Apple Crumb Cake to finish baking in the oven. Last weekend, I felt crafty but with my scraproom literally spread out on the dining room table as Sal worked to finish up our office renovation, I just didn't have the space to scrapbook. So, inspired by a challenge over on the Hero Arts blog, I created Thanksgiving place cards out of scraps and trimmings. So glad I did because I haven't had a spare moment since. Here is my place card:

I cut out and embossed the basic shape using my Cuttlebug and the largest shape from Nestabilities' Label 1. (My arm got quite a workout since we will be 12 for Thanksgiving dinner. LOL!) Next, I stamped the wood grain image and used distress ink to fill in the background. On the rust scrap, I used stamped the Dots & Flowers backgroundwith Versamark ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat embossed before punching out the flower shape. I punched out the leaves as well as the scallops on the stripe paper, assembled and added to the main place card with pop dots. I can't wait to see how they look on my table!


Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving.
Supplies: Card stock: Stampin' Up!. Patterned Paper: Memory Makers (Autumn Splendor). Stamps: Hero Arts (Designer Woodgrain; Dots & Flowers). Ink: Stampin' Up!; Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Punches: Stampin' Up! (Scallop); Martha Stewart (leaf); EK Success (flower). Diecut: Spellbinders (Nestabilities Labels 1); Button and twine from stash.

No comments: