Friday, July 24, 2009

The Last of the Latest & Greatest

I've been in a scrapping frenzy around here, trying to finish up and use up as much of my CKC class and Vendor Fair goodies from last year before I head off to CKC next week. And, as usual, the more I scrap (which has been A LOT!) the less I blog. Sorry about that.


Today I want to share the last completed projects from the Latest & Greatest Basic Grey. I love these classes and have signed up to take another one. The only challenge (sometimes) is finding the right pictures for each layout. After a lot of digging through old pictures, I think I found just the right ones. Here's the finished layout featuring Basic Grey's Wassail line:

In All Together for the Holiday, I personalized the class kit by adding Thickers, rub-ons, silk flowers, plus chipboard and jelly sticker embellishments.


The journaling reads: What a special day! It was the first Christmas that Donna, Diane, Ricky and I had spent together in years. It was wonderful to be all together again!


Rather than using brads in the center of the flowers, I chose the MAMBI jelly stickers because the words added more meaning to this layout.

The next layout features the Granola line. Here it is:

As soon as I saw these papers, I knew that I wanted to do a layout about my Dad who passed away in 1998. I printed all of the photos in Sepia and sanded the edges of each. I found the "cherish" rub-on in my stash and thought it was perfect!

Again, I personalized the layout. This time I used a border punch (on the page above), rub-ons, Thickers and distressing techniques.

Well that's it for the Latest & Greatest Basic Grey until next week when I come home from CKC with four more Basic Grey layouts. I can't wait!!!

Ingredients -- All Together for Christmas: Bazzill card stock; Basic Grey patterned paper (Wassail); Imaginesce rub-ons and flowers: Me & My Big Ideas jelly stickers and embellishments (Noel); American Craft Thickers.

Ingredients -- Miss You: Bazzill card stock; Basic Grey patterned paper (Granola); Stampin' Up! marker (Chocolate Chip); 7 Gypsy rub-ons; American Craft Thickers.

No comments: