Sunday, June 28, 2009

UR gr8!

Here's a simple gift card holder I made for Melissa's teacher. Melissa's teacher is a scrapbooker so I wanted to make her card extra special. Here it is:

As you can see, I didn't have a lot of room for the sentiment so I was really happy when I thought of writing "you are great" as I would a text message. Crazy, I know, but it's the little things in life that make me happy!

For the overall design of the card, I used the template from the June 2009 class of Kristina Werner's A Year in Cards class over at Two Peas in a Bucket. You can access a video of her class and a pdf by visiting http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&forum_id=52&thread_id=2828094. Also, be sure to check out Kristina's Make a Card Monday and Finally Friday videos by visiting her blog at: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/.
Here's a look at the back of the card:

It helps to make this card with two-sided or coordinating patterned paper sso that there is enough visual interest.
And here it is opened:

I've been very crafty over the last week. I made lots of cards to accompany end-of-year gifts and even managed three layouts in a marathon crop with my friend, Lissette. I'll have lots more to share over the next week!
Ingredients: Stampin' Up card stock (kraft); Sassafras Lass (Sunshine Lollipops) patterned paper; Heidi Swapp chipboard alphabet; Technique Tuesday stamp (Swiss Dot); EK Success punches (flowers and corner rounder); Anna Griffin ink (brown); Making Memories buttons; Walmart ribbon.

No comments: