Saturday, May 23, 2009

Slow Down

Today is the start of a long weekend and the unofficial start of Summer. It's also World Turtle Day and that seems as good a time as any to make a card that says, "Slow Down."



I used Sketch 116 over at Card Positioning Systems as inspiration for this card. You can see the sketch here: http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2009/05/cps-116-sponsored-by-stamping-bella.html. I stamped the image twice -- once on the white card stock and once on the patterned paper. Then, I cut out the shell from the image on the patterned paper and paper pieced it onto the first image.

I mailed this card out to my niece Jenn. She LOVES turtles and is the reason why I happen to know that today is World Turtle Day. She is also eight-months pregnant and in need of a reminder to "Slow Down!" Yes, Jenn, your To-Do list can wait. Enjoy these last precious days before my great nephew is born!

Ingredients: Stampin' UP! card stock (Kraft, Whisper White & Soft Sky); Sassafraslass patterned paper (Sunshine Lollipops); stamp -- Inkadinkadoo (Cool Turtle); ink -- Stampin' Up! (Chocolate Chip); alphabet stickers -- Deja View (Jubilee); tools -- cricut cartridge (George and Basic Shapes), EK Success corner rounder, Nestabilities (Classic Squares Large); twin from my stash.

1 comment:

hanes132 said...

Sweet! I can't wait til this arrives!! :)

& I'll slow down just as soon as I finish painting the windows, washing/ironing the curtains/linens for the nursery, & oh.. just 1 or 2 other things! :) Must admit tho.. after a weekend of just chillin on the beach, my Fred Flinstone Feet have finally subsided.