Monday, April 20, 2009

Project Twelve -- I'm All Caught Up!

I did two more layouts for Project Twelve (see original post here http://eterno-lyyours.blogspot.com/2009/04/project-twelve.html) and, for once, I'm all caught up. I knew this project was going to be something I could keep up with and, at the same time, enjoy. So here are my layouts. First February:

At the top of the photo pyramid is my beautiful new grand nephew. His birth was certainly THE highlight of February. And, yes, that is a picture of two bottles of Motrin. With Mark and Melissa sick with the flu for a combined total of 15 days, Motrin was a very big part of February 2009.

I used my Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out the bottom border and I hand stitched the top embellishment. (I told you that I was hooked on sewing!)

For my March layout, I repeated the overall layout design with only slight variations. I layered two Basic Grey stickers to make a unique border for the top of the page and instead of stitching, I used the Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out a corner embellishment.

I realized, after taking the picture, that I forgot to add my journaling to the bottom square of patterned paper. For this page, my journaling will read: Snow day...Trinity Church...Adventures in babysitting...Melissa's birthday...Mark's wrestling match. Hope it all fits! As a final touch, I added my favorite pearl bling to the flowery vine.

Ingredients February Layout: American Crafts card stock;Basic Grey Romani patterned paper; Heidi Swapp chipboard letters; Bazzill In Stitchz flourishes template, Bazzill piercing tool, DMC embroidary floss; Cricut Storybook cartridge.
Ingredients March Layout: American Crafts card stock; Basic Grey Boxer patterned paper, stickers and rub-ons; Heidi Swapp chipboard alphabet; Cricut Storybook cartridge; Michael's pearl bling.

No comments: