Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Basic Grey -- Latest & Greatest Part 1

With CKC Hartford less than a week away, I felt compelled to finish up some of the layouts I started at CKC Valley Forge. After all, using up supplies is the best excuse to buy more. Right?! So, today I am going to share one of the four layouts I started at the Latest & Greatest from Basic Grey workshop. Lucky for me, the colors from this layout matched the colors from Michael and Jennifer's wedding so I didn't have to think too hard about what pictures I would use.

Journaling reads: Michael & Jennifers Wedding. Mark the proud ring bearer, reminded us of Michael in his tux at our wedding!

For those of you who have never taken a Latest & Greatest class, you can compare it to an Evelyn Wood speed reading class. LOL! This class moves at lightning speed but the results are worth it. Look at all the layers in this layout. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but there are actually six layers of paper. Also, the class focused on the left side of my two-page spread. The right-hand page was an add on.

With this layout, I had to change the class "recipe" because my vertical and horizontal pictures did not match the page map given and, of course, I wanted to add more pictures. In addition to class supplies, I used the Stampin' Up! Scallop Circle Punch,
Technique Tuesday stamp from the Petal Pushers set, Jolee's pillow embellishments and Heidi Swapp words.

Check back later this week for another Latest and Greatest layout.

Ingredients: Basic Grey Eva Collection; Technique Tuesday Petal Pushers Stamp; Stampin Up! Bravo Burgundy ink and marker; Bazzill Crocheted Blossoms; Jolee's by You embellishment; Heide Swapp Silhouette words; Stampin Up! Scallop Punch.

2 comments:

Jingle said...

Great layout! I am jealous that you are heading off to CKC in Hartford! I wanted to go so bad, but I just can't make it happen right now! I will be waiting for Manchester to roll around again!

Anonymous said...

I'm particularly partial to this spread . . . :) Great colors--I love stripes! xx