Sunday, August 31, 2008

My First Guest Designer

Between vacation, post-vacation laundry, and back-to-school errands, I haven't been doing much creating lately. That doesn't mean I don't have anything new to show you. On Thursday, my neice, Jennifer, and her mother, Lynn, came to Long Island. A talented scrapper, Lynn is visiting from Nebraska and wanted to see my local scrapbook stores. After lunch and an afternoon of shopping, we came back to my house and I got to see the newly completed wedding scrapbook that Lynn made for Jennifer and Michael. Each page was more beautiful than the one before. While it would take days to share the entire book with you, I thought I would share some of my favorite pages. (I apologize in advance for the poor photo quality.) So without further ado, here is Lynn's beautiful creation:

The album starts with memorabelia from Michael and Jennifer's first date and includes the events leading up to the big day. I love how Lynn used the colors from the shower invitation (center left) in her layout. Take notice of the raindrops. Aren't they fantastic! Lynn used a punch and then an embossing technique to make them so shiney.


I thought the next page was very creative. I love how Lynn listed the shower gifts on the cards surrounding the pictures. I hope you can see how pretty the lilac and green ribbon is. I wonder how long it took Lynn to find such a perfect match!

The next page is a layout of the wedding day. Lynn took the papers she used for the wedding invitation to make these pages. Aren't they beautiful!


Stop by on Tuesday for more pictures of the wedding scrapbook. Thanks, Lynn, for letting me share your work on my blog!

No comments: