Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jump and a Challenge

When I saw the Tim Holtz Grungeboard letters at A.C. Moore (on sale for 50% off!!) I knew I had to do a layout with a simple title so that I could use a really BIG letter. That day, I went to one of Mark's track meets. As I watched him run hurdles, this layout came together in my head. It shows a series of photographs of Mark running the hurdles. (It just so happened that this week's challenge at Sisterhood of Scrap http://sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com/2008/08/challenge-monday-august-1808.html called for creating a layout with a sequence of photos.) Here's my layout:

Now, for a little background, you should know that Mark never ran the hurdles before this year and when he told me he was going to try, I was a bit skeptical. Thoses hurdles just seemed so high to me. He came home from each practice with dirt caked on his bruised knees and fierce look of determination. As you can see from the pictures, his hard work paid off! I'm so proud of his accomplishment!

The journaling reads: You never ran hurdles before this year. Coach O let you race at the last meet and you didn't knock any over!

Just a note...I didn't have any ribbon in my stash to match this layout so I died my own ribbon by running it across my ink pad. After I got the right color, I set it aside to dry before putting it on the layout. I did the same for the Grungeboard letters.

Ingredients: Patterned Paper -- Adornit Running Collection; Tim Holtz Grungeboard Stripes Alphas; Stampin Up! Night of Navy ink and marker; Nicole light blue ribbon; journaling stamp from my stash.

No comments: