Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CKC Highlights

Well to say that Lissette and I had a blast at the Creative Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge, PA, last weekend would be an understatement! I took two great classes (Technique Tuesday & Basic Grey), finished three layouts at the Friday Night Crop and shopped 'til I ran out of money at the Vendor Fair. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I won two door prizes, Lissette won one door prize, and we didn't hit any traffic. What more can a girl ask for!!!

Here's a photo recap:





Lissette and I arrive at CKC Valley Forge ready to scrap and shop -- not necessarily in that order!

At the Friday night crop. It was great to meet and talk with other scrappers as well as have time to finish up my class project.





Lissette was hard at work on a beautiful Thanksgiving layout. We also had plenty of time to shop at the crop.

Some scrappers take these crops VERY seriously. Just ckeck out this expandable rolling tote. I might just have to get myself one of these.







A birds-eye view of the crop table.



We had so much fun, we're already planning next year's trip!





Receiving my door prize from Stacy Croninger, editor-in-chief of Paper Crafts Magazine. (The paperkeeper envelope I'm holding was stuffed with paper, stickers and embelishments.)





With Ana at the Techniques Tuesday booth. Ana and Sharon from Techniques Tuesday were so nice and spent so much time helping us choose from such a great variety of products. I can't wait for those back-ordered goodies to arrive in the mail!



The back of the car was LOADED with more scrapbooking goodies than we could carry. Don't you just love those "Who's Your Daddy" totes. Also spotted a funny sign by one of the cash registers at the Vendor Fair. It read, " Your husband just called and said to spend as much as you want!" Thanks Sal for giving me such a spectacular weekend away!!!

1 comment:

The AbnWife said...

I loved reading your blog! You completely captured the fun and excitement you feel at a convention. I hope you love your "Icing on the Cake" stamp set. I just love putting thos yummy treats together. I loved meeting you and Lisette and I will be looking for you ladies next year! Ana :)