Saturday, August 23, 2008

2 Nights in August

I just had to do a layout commemorating my two days on the concert circuit! My original inspiration for this project was the guitar paper from DCWV Rock Star. As, I worked on the project, I found myself using less and less of this paper until the final layout where only one guitar appears. I'm not sure how inspiring that paper was after all. LOL. ANyway, here's my layout:


The biggest challenge of this layout was getting all of the pictures to fit in a rectangular grid. Also, I know it's only a picture, but I felt guilty cutting that photo of Sting in half!



The title you see here is actually my third attempt. First I used stickers and didn't like the outcome. Then I used the mix of stamps you see here but it was stamped in grey ink which looked very dull and flat. Then a read about a VersaMark pen. (Yes, I have a new favorite tool!) I went over each letter with the Versa Mark pen (much easier than restamping the title) and embossed the letters with silver embossing powder. The metallic letters added just the right amount of glitz to this layout.



Journaling reads: Two concerts in two nights! Melissa and I sat seven rows from the back at American Idol. Sal and I sat seven rows from the stage at The Police!


Ingredients: DCWV Cardstock; Basic Greay Pattern Paper; Autumn Leaves Scribbles Alphabet, Stampin UP Small Alphabet stamps; Imaginisce Positively Pewter Brads; VersaMark Pen; Stamp N Stuff Sterling Silver embossing powder.

No comments: